PRESIDENT’S REPORT FOR JANUARY, 2015
ROBESON COUNTY HISTORY MUSUEM
- Spoke on behalf of museum at the Genealogy Society on 1/03.
- Presided at the Executive Committee meeting on 1/06.
- Gave out Fundraiser tickets at the museum on 1/07.
- Presided at Museum Board of Directors meeting on 1/13.
- Spoke on behalf of museum at Inquirers Book Club on 1/14.
- Worked with Fundraiser Team at First Baptist Church on 1/22, 1/23, and 1/24.
- Served as museum docent on 1/27 and 1/29.
- Presided at Museum Board of Directors meeting on 1/27.
- Met with Grey Sweeney, Elaine Davis, and Glenda Lee of Lumberton High School to initiate new student project at the museum.
- Talked with three potential applicants for curator’s position at the museum. We now call this a “consultant” position. Individual talks were held 1/18, 1/27, and 1/31.
- Worked with Faye Middleton and Colleen Brown to clean out back room at the museum.
- Worked, along with Executive Committee, on the job description for a museum consultant.
- Arranged to have a Civil War exhibit from UNC-P loaned to us for the months of February and March as part of our efforts to form a partnership with the university.
- Worked on grant from the Lumberton Visitors Bureau to fund printing of new brochures for the museum.
Richard Hardaway Monroe, President
Submitted: February 3, 2015