PRESIDENT’S REPORT FOR OCTOBER 2014
ROBESON COUNTY HISTORY MUSEUM
- Nell Lyon, Museum Christmas Decorations Chair, has worked feverishly purchasing and displaying Christmas items at the museum. It continues to be a work in progress; but all will be ready by November 22nd which is our target date for completion.
- Thanks to Jim Kirkland and Victor Lyon, the six window Christmas trees are now in place and the Tree Committees are beginning to decorate the trees. “It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas!”
- Melissa Hardy, Fundraiser Chair, continues to work diligently on our first annual fundraiser to be held January 24, 2015. She seeks items/services for the auction. Please help her out with your donations.
- The following helped to fold and staple the booklets (tickets) for the Christmas Home Tour on December 13th: Dr. D.E. Ward, Sarah Ward, Faye Middleton, Nell Lyon, Anne Monroe, Blake Tyner, Coleen Brown, and me.
- Spoke on behalf of the museum at the monthly DAR meeting.
- Met with Wendy Pridgen, Shep Oliver, Gail Oliver, and Anne Monroe to plan the decorations for one of the six window Christmas trees.
- Took the exterior museum sign to Sign City to be repaired.
- Ordered hats for the Christmas Parades to be worn in Lumberton and Marietta.
- Presided at the Board of Directors meeting on October 14, 2014. Wanda Aguirre, Secretary, will be sending out the minutes shortly. Many thanks to Ruth Ann McLellan, Hospitality Chair, for the lovely refreshments at our board meeting. We had a great turn out for the meeting.
- Many thanks to Colleen Brown and Blake Tyner, Co-Chairs of the Christmas Home Tour, for their tireless efforts in preparing for this important annual event.
REMINDER: PLEASE SELL AS MANY CHRISTMAS HOME TOUR TICKETS AS POSSIBLE. THE PROCEEDS HELP TO FUND OUR EXHIBITS AND EVENTS DURING THE YEAR.
Richard H. Monroe, President
Submitted: November 04, 2014