PRESIDENT’S REPORT FOR AUGUST, 2014
ROBESON COUNTY HISTORY MUSEUM
We’ve had a busy month and many good board members are working diligently.
- Faye Middleton and Melissa Hardy spearheaded Museum Clean-Up Day on August 23rd. In addition to those two wonderful members, we also wish to thank Nell Lyon, Ashley Smith, Joe Smith, and Anne Monroe for their help. The museum looks clean and smells nice. Still more to do, but we had a productive morning.
- Jackie Utz is working on the adopted revisions to the Bylaws.
- Marion Thompson is working on the revised membership list.
- Jessica Lowry is spearheading a new project called City Pass. You’ll learn more at our October 14th Board Meeting.
- I presided at the August 5th Executive Committee meeting---see your minutes sent by our wonderful secretary, Wanda.
- Melissa Hardy designed our packet insert for the Arts Council portfolio that will be distributed throughout the community. Thanks Melissa!
- I wrote a letter to American Tower Corporation requesting a corporate donation since they will be constructing a tower near the museum.
- I made a list of period Christmas Carols to be used at the museum during the Christmas Tour of Homes.
- I updated our meeting dates for the full Board and Executive Committee.
- I got estimates on tote bags and note cards for possible sale in gift shop.
- Cliff Sharpe, with the assistance of Gail Oliver, is working on our educational project. We met August 25th. You’ll learn more at our October 14th Board meeting.
- I delivered new museum display boards to Lumberton Visitors Bureau and the Arts Council.
- Anne and I served as docents for the August Cruise-In. By the way, Faye could use some Sunday docents if you could help out once or twice.
- I met with brick mason to get an estimate on sealing the inside of the brick wall in the main exhibit area. Moisture keeps us from putting up displays.
- Wrote a few Thank-You notes for services rendered.
Richard H. Monroe, President
Submitted: September 3, 2014